Our Vision is to be at the forefront of British Education Internationally
Our mission is to provide high quality British education that delivers a transformative learning experience to all our pupils.
Engaging and effective teaching based on our core values and the best, most up-to-date UK educational practice enables children at our schools to achieve their academic ambitions and lifetime careers. At the same time we nurture their individual talents and emphasise the importance of educating the whole child with attention to their physical, emotional and social development.
We are determined to make a positive difference to the future of our pupils and their families, the careers of our staff, as well as contributing to the wider community.
King’s Group has a long and distinguished history of educational leadership. British schools from as far away as Asia and Latin America look to King’s for inspiration and admire our expertise in all areas of education. Leadership is one of our real strengths. Our company vision and mission are not “beautiful dreams” but a very significant and positive reality that we can all build upon.
Sir Roger Fry CBE DLitt
Founder of King’s Group and Inspired Senior Education Advisor
Every organisation needs a clear and easily understood statement of what it wants to achieve and how it intends to achieve it.
As a result of several weeks of consultation, a very exciting and productive strategy conference and a lot of hard work polishing and perfecting the final statements, we now have both a vision and a mission that can help everyone across the organisation work with purpose and understanding towards a common goal.
Chief Executive Officer
High Level Strategic Aims
Working towards our vision depends on defining a set of realistic and easily achievable objectives. These five aims are important checkpoints that everyone should consider when important decisions have to be made.
- To provide a learning environment that educates and develops the independent learning skills and attitudes that build self-confidence and encourage creativity.
- To achieve consistently outstanding educational results for all our pupils, benchmarking ourselves against the best schools in the world.
- To ensure that our pupils reach the highest levels of fluency and confidence in their use of the English language.
- To prepare and equip pupils for employment and the demands of the future in a rapidly changing, dynamic and diverse global environment.
- To promote and sustain a safe, caring, but challenging culture inside and outside the classroom.
Key Strategies to Support Our Aims
We will achieve our goals by:
- Delivering a British curriculum which is supported by evidence-based research and best-practice at the most successful independent schools in the UK and abroad.
- Encouraging pupils to lead healthy lifestyles through diet, exercise and sport.
- Educating our students to be good citizens with values based on traditional Christian ethics.
- Promoting excellence in our schools by employing teaching professionals who are passionate, knowledgeable and highly skilled in their field.
- Investing in our staff through effective professional development, training, career planning and talent management.
- Ensuring effective governance and management of the Group and the schools.
- Making the best use of resources and information to achieve and maintain an efficient, effective and sustainable business.
- Supporting and actively contributing to our local and wider communities
- Recognising and celebrating effort, achievement and excellence.
Values and Beliefs
The Values and Beliefs of King’s Group underpin everything we do. They create an environment that helps our people, our pupils and their parents understand what King’s College stands for. How we treat one another at work, how we treat our customers.
Our Values and Beliefs help us make sense of our working life and how we fit into the big picture. They are fixed and are unlikely ever to change.
Honesty, Faith and Courage
- We value the contributions of all our stakeholders to school life.
- We believe in professional leadership.
- We value dedication and commitment.
- Our educational principles are founded upon traditional Christian values, fostering self-confidence, tolerance and a sense of responsibility.
- All our pupils are entitled to a high-quality education, grounded in sensitivity to individual dignity, and a positive and nurturing environment.
- We promote outstanding teaching and learning.
- We recognise and celebrate academic excellence and achievement.
- High quality education is based on a collaborative approach to teaching.
- Innovation in teaching and learning should be informed by research and effective practice.
- Technology should be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning.
- We contribute to the lifelong education of individuals.