At British boarding schools, sport and team games play an important role in physical and mental development. Working hard towards a shared goal gives a sense of achievement. Being part of a team teaches children to understand tactics, cooperation and fairplay.
We hope that children at King’s College Saint Michael’s learn to be chivalrous winners and gracious losers. Involvement in competitive sport is fun, but the real value is in developing team work and working hard physically towards a goal. The health of your child is as important as their intellectual growth and we provide physical education in the curriculum as
well as opportunities to play competitive sport after school.
We invest in a variety of sporting facilities, because through the sweat and tears comes a sense of accomplishment and community.
On the school grounds, King’s College Saint Michael’s has the following sports facilities:
- Outdoor swimming pool (used in the summer term and summer school only).
- An all weather flood-lit court (for 5 a-side football, basketball and tennis).
- A grass volleyball court.
- 2 grass football pitches.
- Grass pitch used for baseball / cricket / rounders
- Small indoor sports hall
- Gym (with cross trainer, rowing machine, stepper, tread mill, bicycle, stretching area, sit up ball).
We also hire the local leisure centre every Wednesday afternoon in order for all the students to do other sports. Activities offered on a Wednesday include volleyball, squash, golf, badminton, swimming (indoors), football, basketball, volleyball, gym / weight training, aerobics.
- Piano Lessons
- Violin Lessons
- Guitar Lessons
- Speech and Presentation Delivery Classes
- German Classes
- French Classes
- Golf Lessons
All of the above classes are optional extras and are normally charged by the hour. Please contact the school for prices and further information
Other activities which students have opted to join include the following:
- Rugby Club (local teams)
- Football (school team and local clubs)
- Basketball (school team and local leagues)
- Aerobics (at school and at local leisure centre)
- Gym membership at the local leisure centres (monthly fee charged)
- Swimming (local town)
- Scouts (local town)