King’s College Saint Michael’s holds a UKVI Tier 4 Sponsor Licence so is therefore able to create a CAS for students applying for Tier 4 Child Student visas and General (Adult) student visas.

Generally, the following visa will be required for our courses (if your home country is a visa national):

  • GCSE, A Level and University Foundation for over 6 months – Tier 4 Child Student
  • GCSE and A level One Term (or term 2 and 3 only) – Short Term Study Visa
  • Summer School – Short Term Study Visa
  • Academic Preparation – Short Term Study Visa (or included in Tier 4 visa if continuing onto academic programme the following September)
  • English only courses for under 6 months – Short Term Study Visa
  • English Course (6 – 11 months) – ESVV (Extended Student Visitor Visa – over 18’s only)

STUDENTS WHO WILL BE OVER 18 BY THE START OF THEIR COURSE WILL HAVE TO APPLY FOR A TIER 4 GENERAL STUDENT VISA. A SELT (Secure English Language Test) SUCH AS IELTS etc WILL BE REQUIRED WITH THE STUDENT APPLICATION (IELTS 4 or above is required in all sections). A SELT is not required if the student has previously studied in the UK as a Tier 4 Child.

Students applying for our summer school or academic preparation courses followed by GCSE, A Level or University Foundation programmes can apply for one visa to cover both courses.

Please check the link below to see whether you do need a visa to enter the UK:

For application forms and further information on applying for you visa please see the following pages.