King’s College Saint Michael’s holds a UKVI Tier 4 Sponsor Licence and is therefore able to create CAS for students applying for Tier 4 Child and Tier 4 General (Adult) student visas.
Generally, the following visa will be required for our courses (if your home country is a visa national):
- GCSE, A Level and University Foundation for over 6 months – Tier 4 Child Student
- GCSE and A level One Term (or term 2 and 3 only) – Short Term Study Visa
- Summer School – Short Term Study Visa
- Academic Preparation – Short Term Study Visa (or included in Tier 4 visa if continuing onto academic programme the following September)
- English only courses for under 6 months – Short Term Study Visa
- English Course (6 – 11 months) – ESVV (Extended Student Visitor Visa – over 18’s only)
Students of 18 years of age or more will have to apply for a Tier 4 General student visa. A Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as IELTS will be required for issuance of the student’s CAS. An IELTS score of 4.5 or above is required in all sections. A SELT is not required if the student has previously studied in the UK as a Tier 4 Child.
Students applying for our summer school or academic preparation courses followed by GCSE, A Level or University Foundation programmes can apply for one visa to cover both courses.
Please check the link below to see whether you do need a visa to enter the UK:
For further information on applying for a visa please see: