ISI Boarding Welfare Inspection Report
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) is a Government approved inspectorate responsible for the inspection of Association independent schools. Schools in the Associations are ranked among the best in the world and at our boarding school, Saint Michael’s, we are proud to undergo regular inspections for the benefit of the pupils at our school.
We constantly seek to improve the quality and effectiveness of the education on offer at our school and the care that pupils receive whilst in our care.
Main Findings and Key Judgements
- Students with limited English are given extra help as they settle in and find out about life at the college
- The boarders have many adults to whom they can turn with personal concerns
- Boarders can easily contact staff if they are taken ill at night
- parents expressed great satisfaction with all aspects of the boarding provision
- All of the residences are smartly furnished and maintained to a high standard
- Students with particular dietary, religious or medical needs are appropriately catered for
- The health and safety policy and risk assessments take all reasonable steps to esnure pupils’ safety
- Relationships among boarders are excellent
- Boarders say that they are well cared for and that staff treat them equally
Click here to Download: ISI REPORT 2016